Monday, January 18, 2010

Heater

Portable heater for warming coffee, tea, soup, and more. A perfect travel companion. 120V 300W. UL listed. Chrome plated steel PVC. Black white. 1.56'' L. x 4.81'' W. x 7.75'' H.
Technical Details:
+Norpro 559 Immersion Heater for Warming Liquids
+NORPRO
Amazon Verified Purchase
Reviewed by: Molly Weasley "Reading Mother of Readers" (South Texas)
Comforts of home, May 31, 2008
I bought this immersion heater to take with me into the hospital. I was having radioactive iodine treatment for thyroid cancer. I knew I'd be able-bodied, but bored, under orders to drink lots of fluids, and seeing very little of the nurses, as they do these treatments in special isolation rooms. It was such a good thing to be able to have a cup of hot herbal tea, or some cocoa, whenever I wanted, just as I would at home. The immersion heater worked perfectly. The key is to remember that you must never plug the heater in until the coil is immersed in your cup, and never remove the coil from your cup until you unplug it. The heater boils water so fast, you really do need to watch it- a watched pot may never boil, but a forgotten immersion heater would boil your cup dry very quickly. I had to put my heater away in a box with the books I read in the hospital, as they scanned my stuff with a Geiger counter when my treatment was over, and it read "hot". Everything will be safe to use again after a month, and I will be glad to have the heater to use when we travel. My post-treatment scan gave me a clean bill of health, so I will be enjoying this heater for a long time to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment